Quote


But this is what I’m finding, in glimpses and flashes: this is it. This is it, in the best possible way.
That thing I’m waiting for, for that adventure, that movie-score-worthy experience unfolding
gracefully. This is it. Normal, daily life ticking by on our streets and sidewalks, in our houses and
apartments, in our beds and at our dinner tables, in our dreams and prayers and fights and
secrets - this pedestrian life is the most precious thing any of us will ever experience.

Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life, 2010

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Happy


Backyard hammock
Shelt’ring tree
Summer evening
You with Me.
Your dark head
against my blonde
Arm around me
Chatting on.

There’s our bare feet
There’s your grin
There you made me
laugh again.
Swinging slowly
in the breeze
Rolling shush
of poplar leaves.

Laughter, Closeness,
Calm and Trust
sprinkle down
like pixie dust.
Happiest place
I’ll ever be --
Backyard hammock
You with Me.





Copyright © 2015, Danette Christensen, Light is All Around Me.
Material may be shared or printed for non-commercial use, but must include this copyright notice.


2 comments: